Am I eligible for a Tasmanian Seniors Card?
To apply for the free lifelong Tasmanian Seniors Card you need to:
- be 60 years of age or over
- reside in Tasmania, and
- work less than 20 hours per week.
Before you apply
You can apply
- in person at a Service Tasmania Service Centre
- by post, or
- by email.
Before you apply you will need to have the following:
- An email address you can use to create your online account.
- Your Tasmanian driver licence, or original documents with your Tasmanian residential address and date of birth.
How to apply
- at a Service Tasmania Service Centre - take your original personal ID documents
- by post or email - download this application form
- and post it with copies (not originals) of your ID documents to: Seniors Card Program, GPO Box 123 Hobart 7001 or
- email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to use your Seniors Card
The Seniors Card is supported by over 600 Tasmanian businesses that offer savings on a range of goods and services. A list of businesses and services who offer discounts can be found in the online Seniors Card Discount Directory.
Look for businesses displaying the Seniors Card logo (shown here) and always present your Seniors Card before payment for over-the-counter transactions. Businesses DO NOT have to honour discounts after a transaction has occurred.
The Seniors Card can be used interstate as well as in Tasmania. Most businesses involved with the Seniors Card Program have agreed to offer discounts to Tasmanian Seniors Card holders. However, check with the interstate businesses if they provide a discount to Tasmanian Seniors Card holders before making a purchase.
Your account, changing details and replacement cards
You can either change your personal details and order a replacement card online, at a Service Tasmania Service Centre or by calling Service Tasmania on 1300 135 513.
To use the online system you will need an active online account. If you applied via the new Seniors Card system your online account was set up automatically. If you are an existing Seniors Card holder without an online account, please activate your account.